Re: Reporting a bug that affects more than one package

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 06:30:52PM -0600, Terry Roy wrote:
> […] reported the bug. I've just run across it again on a fresh
> install of another package. I've reported that bug but clearly
> this seems to be an issue involving the use of "su -" in postinst.
>
> My problem is that I have no clue where I should report this. Does anyone
> have any suggestions? TIA

>From time to time Debian Developers scan for previously-known bugs
in the entire archive and apply a Mass Bug Filing to alert package
maintainers of the problem.

I think you should report essentially the same bug in the other
package, with a mention to your previous bug number. If you have a
way to detect the presence of the bug then include details of that.
Hopefully someone with the ability to do an MBF will then be able to
do so.

Your quest for a way to find buggy packages might be helped by
https://codesearch.debian.net/

Cheers,
Andy