Debian, FF & NavyFed

I signed up with Navy Federal Credit Union online banking last week.
I can login, I get the banner in color , it says getting your info.
As soon they come back with and display my balance all the text turnes
to grey and a twiddler pops up and it stays like that forever.
    NFCU's tech support will not admit to knowing who's waiting for
what just we don't support Linux.
    Suggestions on how to fix this or how to approach it are most
welcome.

What I've done:
    Having added Dan Pollock's hosts to my /etc/hosts recently I went
back to the bare bones version that only mentions my local hardware.
    My /etc/hosts.deny says:
ALL: PARANOID
ALL: ALL: rfc931: spawn(netstat -tup | mail -s "%d DENIED\: %c" root) &
as it has for years.
    I've a small homegrown firewall that's worked for years and allows
me to login to other credit unions and several stock brokers.
    I've saved and studied the page source and nothing sticks out
except that it's written for IE and has several *.css at the top I
can't see and lots of *.js scripts called.
    Over the years I've programmed in Fortran, Basic, Forth, Awk, 'C',
Dos, Unix and Linux scripting and Perl. My html doesn't extend much
further than anchors, lists and list items and <pre> </pre> and I've
never picked up Java or js.

As said above all pointers welcome.

Oh, Yeah,
Linux playground 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.89-2 i686 GNU/Linux
I know Wheezy is old but it's old hardware, PIII, 250M memory, my
video card hasn't been supported in years. Does what I want most times.
FF ESR 52.3.0 (32 bit)

Thanks, Mike
--
Where man is there will be trouble to the end of time,
if not of one sort, then of another."