Needed - a byte perfect image of an entire partition

Background:
I did my first Debian install with Jessie.
I then went on to multi-boot a variety of versions and preferences.
There was always an install of current "old-stable" present.

Current problem:
I intend to wipe everything from dev /sda and do a fresh install using configurations and partitioning that I've discovered that meet my individualist requirements.

Preserving content of most partitions can be done with Clonezilla.

However one partition was corrupted. I found some data retrieval tools which recovered most, but not all, data. I want a byte perfect copy of that partition such that in the future I can attempt to retrieve more data.

Suggestions?
TIA