Re: how to install stretch securely

On 12/11/17 21:30, John Hasler wrote:
David Christensen writes:
I suggest that you contact your stock broker and find out what
hardware, operating system, and software they recommend and support.

I suggest that if your broker requires any particular hardware, OS, or
software that you find a new broker.

Requirements are a reality of all software, in spite of ANSI C, Java, etc..

Charles Schwab boasts about the depth and breadth of their software offerings:

    https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/active_trader/trading_tools

* StreetSmart Edge requires Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, minimum, and recommends Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or later.

* Accessing StreetSmart Edge over the web requires Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox.

* Schwab Mobile is available via the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Amazon Appstore for Android. There is also a version for Apple Watch at the App Store. I did not see the iOS or Android version requirements.

For Debian users, the obvious choice is Firefox on Debian 9, 8, or 7.

David