Re: Missing key

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 11:43:16AM +0000, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
Dragging up an old thread from the archive:

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 12:25:07 -0300 Henrique Holschuh wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017, Charles E. Blair wrote: > When I type "apt-get
upgrade" I get > this message, and things stop: > > W: There is no
public key available for the following key IDs: > EF0F382A1A7B6500 > >
I hope there is a simple fix. You can ignore the warning _in this
specific instance_: it is expected, and apt is using another key to
verify the downloads. This warning will be fixed for the Debian 8.9
oldstable point-release (due in about a month or so), which adds the
missing key.

I don't understand what oldstable has to do with it, but while upgrading to stretch, I am seeing the identical error message.

I'll ignore it, but shouldn't it have been fixed?

Did you upgrade the debian-archive-keyring package in jessie *before* changing the sources.list file to point to stretch?

Mike Stone