Re: MATE Search Tool -- forcing a default search path

On 12/08/2017 01:46 PM, Brian wrote:
On Fri 08 Dec 2017 at 07:25:48 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

For the *VAST majority* of my searches, I don't know the folder where the
desired file is. Either I'm researching a problem with an unfamiliar program
or I know that very similar file names exist in several folders.

Therefore, I wish to set "Look in folder: to "File System".
How?

Install mlocate.

updatedb
locate /path/to/folder/*foo*

Intentionally intended to be useful whether MATE is being used or not.

*NON* responsive answer.
I *EXPLICITLY* asked how to set the default search path in the
*MATE SEARCH TOOL*.