Debian Jessie: Issue with Samba 4 as PDC with NTPd and Windows 7 clients

Hello there,

debian is the best - when it works :-) Maybe someone of you will have an idea. I've run into an issue with time synchronisation on windows 7 clients in a samba 4 ad domain. Setup is as follows: Server is running debian jessie with samba 4 as PDC and NTPd. I followed the tutorial at
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Time_Synchronisation
to the letter.

File sharing, user logins etc. works great. And time snychronisation does work between the PDC and other servers and unix clients.

But time synchronisation does NOT work with windows 7 clients (w32tm). I checked with tcpdump, the windows client is sending a message but the server nerver responds to the windows client. Other request are handled fine. However, if i start NTPd as root, now the windows clients do get a response back.

I assumed a permission problem with the signd socket. However it is setup as requested by the tutorial to:
drwxr-x---+  2 root ntp          4096 Dec  6 19:47 ntp_signd
and the socket itself to:
srwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Dec  6 19:47 socket

For tests changing the permissions on ntp_signd 777 does not work. Only starting the ntpd as root produces answers to the windows clients. This seems wrong to me.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jens