Re: [OT] Relavant mailing list or USENET group

On Tuesday,  5 Dec 2017 at 10:24, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I had been to https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/ but there
> was no indication of where they were on the "initial design"/"product
> available" timeline.

Hard to say.  All the bits are mostly there.  Some final snagging on
cases with a few prototypes out in the wild.  Many of us are hoping
(waiting impatiently ;-)) for mid-2018 but this is a very small
endeavour so difficult to estimate.  The whole process from scratch to
date is openly discussed on the boards and in itself is interesting!

> As to web based fora, I've not discovered a way to efficiently
> read/find posts of interest.

I use gnus in Emacs for RSS feeds which can give you summaries of
activities on some fora (but not all).  Web-based fora are lacking in
functionality when compared with USENET unfortunately.  Step
backwards.  My current pet peeve is discourse based systems (e.g. Julia
language forum).

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, org 9.1.3