Re: [OT] Relavant mailing list or USENET group

On 12/03/2017 09:13 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 12/03/2017 07:35 AM, Tom Furie wrote:
[snip]

If you want "off the shelf", the closest that immediately comes to
mind is something like a Microsoft Surface or similar.

Quick web search doesn't indicate if any meet my requirements as a
handheld. Linux is reported to be installable - "secure boot" problems
need further research.
2. have a physical form factor similar to a "smartphone".
   [Latest releases tend to be uncomfortably large.
    Maximum viable size 8" x 5".]
Thickness requirement is still vague.

Unless you can refer me to a device with a screen size less than/equal to 5" diagonal, the product line is DOA.

I am however *IMPRESSED* with how far M$ has gone to allow desired OS's to be installed.