(SOLVED) Re: Xsession.d ssh-agent

On 25 November 2017 at 17:07, Ulf Volmer <u.volmer@u-v.de> wrote:
On 25.11.2017 20:27, Beco wrote:
> I've changed the line to:
>
> SSHAGENTARGS=-st36000
>
> removing spaces and quotes, in hope it would get it.
>
> Still no solution.

interesting. i have tried another way and it works for me:

SSHAGENTARGS="-t 1h"

ulf@deb9-desktop:~$ ps -ef|grep [s]sh-agent
ulf       4307  4221  0 21:04 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/ssh-agent -t 1h
startxfce4

-s is the default, so i guess you can ignore this option.

BTW: you have replied to me personally. normally you should answer to
the mailing list.

best regards
Ulf

Hi Ulf, hi list,

Sorry about the "reply-to-all" that I forgot. Now it goes to all.

So, I found this answer here:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/122511/configuring-the-default-timeout-for-the-ssh-agent

(in the end of the text of the accepted answer)

and it says to do exactly as your second suggestion.

SOLUTION: These options works:

SSHAGENTARGS="-t 1h"
SSHAGENTARGS="-t 3600"

BUG: These causes a strange boot as KDE not initializing:

SSHAGENTARGS="-s -t 3600"
SSHAGENTARGS=-st3600

Thanks all, specially Ulf.

Beco.

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" -- Alan Greenspan

Creation date: pgp.mit.edu ID as of 2014-11-09