Re: why is my debian automatically doing apt updates?

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 04:40:24PM +0100, Ludovico Van wrote:
>    Since a couple of weeks i've been having at every boot some job that
>    automatically does apt update, but i've been unable to track it down. Of
>    course, being the unstable distribution, i would like to avoid that.

On my system I had to disable apt-daily and apt-daily-upgrade through
systemd.  This command will tell you if those are installed/enabled on
your system:

systemctl status apt-daily apt-daily-upgrade

It was a bit annoying for me because like you I was accustomed to only
receiving update notifications when I specifically installed a package
(cron-apt is my pick), which I never did on my laptops.  When I started
seeing the notifications it took some digging to find the cuplrit.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sánchez