Re: cups config for Brother HL-L2340DW

On 22-11-2017 16:52, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> hi,
> For the first time in my life, I was unable to configure a printer for
> Linux,
> Before trying to replace it, I'm curious to know whether
> somebody could make it(or a similar model) to work.
> I had no problem with the wifi config. and no problem also when printing
> from Windows, but no way with CUPS.  Of course, I looked at Google,
> and tried several protocols, but none worked. Has anybody an idea?

This printer requires proprietary drivers, but they work well. Did you
try installing the drivers from
http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hll2340dw_us_eu_as

--
Coding is easy;  All you do is sit staring at a terminal until the drops
of blood form on your forehead.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br