Re: OT plain text missing from web mail (was: Installer Can Not Find Root"

Tom Furie composed:

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 05:47:55PM -0500, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:

>> That's weird. I don't see that on my end. The original email looks as
>> normally expected from Debian lists. :)

> That's weird. The original mail, and all of Dan's mails to the list, have
> only a single html part. An incredibly badly constructed html part at
> that.

As this will be, it was sent using

with

The string "Content-Type: multipart" is absent from his message. The only place on Earthlink's web mail site I can find that addresses HTML vs. plain text is in the "Message Display" section of "Preferences", where the label is

		HTML Message View

with description

		" Choose 'off' to view HTML messages as text. "

which I have set to "off". That said, the page I'm composing on has a link

		"Use the new WebMail"

I'm not going to click on it and risk not being able to get back to using plain text. I suppose that may be what Dan's using and he hasn't figured out how to not send in HTML.

I can't imagine Dan continuing to choose to use Earthlink web mail once the problems this thread is about have been solved. It's a poor UI, like Yahoo and all other web mail I've ever had to fall back on.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/