Re: How to automagically rewrite udev rules files

On 11/19/2017 12:59 PM, J.W. Foster wrote:
I was trying to get rid of a crap load of the boot errors that were being generated on my system after I installed a new motherboard...

I move drives with multi systems all the time AMD to Intel and back, all I need do is install drivers and firmware, I can do that from command line and reboot to desktop. Have you done that?

As for the windows, <if> you can remove all the devices from the device manager and reboot it should reload the new devices.

Have you thought about installing legacy grub to one of those drives so you can write them all to menu?

regards,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Stretch - KDE Plasma 5.8.6 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda6
Registered Linux User #380263