Re: Cumulative internet data transfer {up AND down}

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 08:52:00AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I'm interested in investigating cumulative data to/from the internet for
> selected interval ranging from an hour to a week.
> My only connection is a device connected thru a USB port.
> My web search turned up only discussion of measuring throughput RATE.
> Suggestion of keyword(s) for search?
> Suggested software?

I am not sure if this fits your needs, but I usually fire up iftop
inside a screen session and leave it running all the time.  It gives me
a nice general cumulative total of up/down traffic and also gives me a
current snapshot (e.g., I run it on my network's router so I can see
which device might be monopolizing the connection).

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez