Re: Cannot connect to WiFi.

On 11/16/17, Jeroen Mathon <jeroenmathonmac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/16/2017 11:28 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 15 Nov 2017 at 19:48, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
>>
>>> When "Authentication Key is required" dialog pops up and the key is
>>> entered,j Connect button remains grayed out/disabled. Thus there is no
>>> way to get through but pressing Cancel button.
>> What type of security are you using?  WEP or WPA?  I had this problem
>> with a WEP using access point. Switched to WPA and was fine.
>

> A good thing to also note is the length of the key.
>
> I think that the minimal length for the key was something arround 8
> characters.

That's a good one. One of them is 13 characters. I only know that from
messing around with it a couple years ago.

While doing the same earlier this year, nothing reminded that you need
that odd amount. It seems like that occurred in multiple unrelated
places, too, while I was "grasping at straws". :)

If I come across my specific case use again, it's at least wishlist
worthy to have some kind of advisement/reminder, e.g. at least a
cursor hover triggered tip, there in your face when you're first
setting that up..

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey