Re: Talking about RAID - disks with same id

Thanks Pascal,

Pascal Hambourg wrote:

> Le 10/11/2017 à 09:12, deloptes a écrit :
>>

>> It looks like the new style raid
>
> Indeed, superblock format 1.x. In addition to the "array UUID" which is
> common to all members of the array, it adds a specific "device UUID" for
> each member. blkid labels it "UUID_SUB".
>
>> However this raid was created ~12y ago without metadata.
>
> I don't think so. If the array was created without metadata, blkid would
> not report the members as TYPE="linux_raid_member". It was rather
> probably created with the old metadata format 0.90. You can check with
>
> mdadm --examine /dev/sd[fg]1

Indeed   Creation Time : Mon Jul 26 21:49:51 2010
means data was migrated to those disks, which were assembled 2010 - data
dates back to 2002. Seagate is definitely older than 2010.

Anyway, thanks for the snip - useful!

So if you know if in this context I have real RAID - I mean data is written
to both drives? It would be nice, though I decided already to replace
2x1G+2x0.5G for 2x2G - wife blessed the budget :)

regards