Problem with kernel compiling 4.12.13 Debian Stretch

Hello everybody.

I hope someone can help me out of this (hopefully) simple problem.

Currently iam working on a new kernel (4.12.13) for my debian server. The kernel compiles fine, the initrd will be created using

mkinitramfs -o /boot/initrd.img-4.12.13 4.12.13

but on a reboot and booting with the new kernel my server cannot boot with the error:

crc32c not found

What iam doing wrong ?

I used the make oldconfig command and checked if crc32c crc32-intl and so on is checked. It seems all good (like the old config from 4.9.0-4-amd64

Please help me. I compile now since 8 hours without any success.

Greetings

Christian Nill