Re: standards for post-installation scripts

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 06:22:37PM -0800, Dan Hitt wrote:
> Does debian have guidelines or rules for post-installation scripts?
>
> I had trouble installing a package, and i would sort of like to file a
> bug describing the behavior.  But i'd only want to do this if there
> were rules, and these rules were definite enough to make it very clear
> something in the package was in error and not just lousy setup on my
> part.

I have occassionally introduced bugs in my maintainer scripts, so it
would not be crazy to think you might have found a maintainer script
bug.  Here are a couple of references that might help you decide if what
you are seeing is a bug:

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/#maintainer-scripts
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch06.en.html#bpp-debian-maint-scripts

Regards,