Re: RAID 5 array with journal device does not automatically assemble at boot

Tobx wrote:

> What am I missing?

I don't know if it is related and I don't use raid5, but rather raid1, and
in the past year or so I had experienced similar with our server. Now I run
4.12.10 and noticed in the changelog/release notes that there are a lot of
fixes in the md stack. The issues are gone now and it assembles on boot
automatically. I don't know when the problems started (with which kernel
version - I htink 4.9 was OK, but I might be wrong)

besides what do you have in /etc/default/mdadm

regards