Re: mount.cifs not working anymore

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:
I am not sure I tested it since I upgraded from Jessie to stretch :

I have the following entry in my fstab

//mafreebox.freebox.fr/Disque\040Dur /mnt/Fbx cifs
noauto,users,rw,credentials=/etc/fbx-passwd,uid=erdavid
0               0

It used to work, now it says :

@bibi:~ % mount /mnt/Fbx
mount error(112): Host is down
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Using smb:// in dolphin works, so the smb server is still working. What
can be the reason ?

This reply may be nothing more than noise, but I had a .CIFS mounting issue yesterday on my Sid box; turns out that I hadn't rebooted since I last did a dist-upgrade, which apparently pulled in a newer kernel or something similar. A reboot solved my problem.

--
Kent West                    <")))><