Re: Why does resolv.conf keep changing?

On Sat, Nov 04, 2017 at 08:53:56PM +0000, Brian wrote:

> I'm not going to ask what an "intersection situation" is. It sounds very
> technical. But I thought anyone who used DHCP. and cared about it, would
> realise they had ended up on the network they were connecting to. That
> would include using that network's nameservers (unless they arranged it
> otherwise).

It is the intersection of groups A and B described by Tomas.

If you go back and read the original post that kicked off this thread,
the entire issue was that I thought that the absence of resolvconf was
sufficient to create an arrangement where the nameservers weren't
populated from DHCP.  In my case I am running my own bind on the machine
in question (to provide DNS for my LAN), which is also the
firewall/router for my network.  So, there is an interface with a static
address connected to the LAN and another that is configured by DHCP from
the ISP equipment.

Regards,

-Roberto

--