Re: debian zfs spl dkms build fails

On 10/25/17 21:23, Russell L. Carter wrote:
Greetings.  Your reply is completely nonresponsive to
the zfs kernel upgrade situation as it is today on debian.

Why did you bother?  It's weird.

I don't actually care very much.  I'm going to go back to
dumb extfs if required.  I'm just fishing for some sanity
here.

Please don't top post.

I bothered because the last time I tried ZOL (Debian 6?), the only option was to download the source from LLNL and build it. Now there are official Debian binary packages available. Thank you for providing the stimulus for me to discover that fact. :-)

It appears that you are attempting to build the "testing" version of ZFS:

    https://packages.debian.org/buster/zfs-dkms

Yet, you expect the reliability of "stable". Make sure you understand the three releases of Debian:

    https://www.debian.org/releases/

If you want stability, run "stable". If you have the skills and interest to help fix bugs, then run "testing" or "unstable".

David