Re: way of starting a firewall script in debian 9 with kde5 and sddm

On 20/10/17 15:21, Richard Hector wrote:
I wasn't aware of or familiar with the idea of putting it somewhere else
and enabling/disabling it; I'm not sure if I need that.

I just did it for convenient selective backup together with the rules files, and consistency with other services which use symlinks to /lib and /usr/share. With the unit .service file in /etc/systemd/system, everything should work, but I do not know that happens if you use systemctl to mask the service (normally this places a link in /etc/systemd/system to /dev null). I have only symlinks and directories in /etc/systemd/system.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director