Re: New stretch kernel: lilo boot fails with "EBDA is big" message

On Mon Oct 09 2017 at 12:50 AM +0200, Bill Brelsford wrote:
> After the stretch 9.2 kernel upgrade to 4.9.0-4, lilo gives, at
> boot, "EBDA is big; kernel setup stack overlaps LILO second stage"
> and freezes.

Problem solved.  This is a dual-boot system, with the Win 10
bootloader passing control to lilo in the partion boot sector.
The bootloader was configured by EasyBCD (in windows), which
apparently saves its own copy of the partition boot sector, so
ignored changes to lilo.conf.  Guess I'll have to boot windows
and refresh whenever the kernel is updated.  (I originally tried
to use lilo to dual-boot, but ran into problems with windows.)

This doesn't explain why I got the EBDA message in the first place,
but all is working now..

--
Bill Brelsford
wbrels@k2di.net