Re: partman primary vs secondary partitions

On 04/10/2017 17:41, Andre Rodier wrote:
Hello,

I am testing the Debian Stretch preseed, and I have a question about
the partition scheme.

I am using the following block in my partition recipe, and it works so far:

d-i partman-auto-raid/recipe string		\
	1 2 0 ext3 /boot			\
	/dev/sda1#/dev/sdb1			\
	.					\
	1 2 0 lvm -				\
	/dev/sda5#/dev/sdb5 			\
	.					\

My question is, "how can I create two primary partitions instead of an
extended partition ?" and of course, is this possible ?

I am also happy to use GPT partitioning scheme.

Thanks,
André

OK, I found how to do it, and I thought it could be interesting to share:

## Partitioning using RAID
d-i partman-auto-raid/recipe string     \
        1 2 0 ext3 /boot                \
                /dev/vdb1#/dev/vdc1     \
        .                               \
        1 2 0 lvm -                     \
                /dev/vdb2#/dev/vdc2     \
        .

And:

# Note that in the example shown here the mountpoint for /boot
# (which is not encapsulated within LVM) is specified in the
# partman-auto-raid recipe, rather than in the corresponding
# raid partition definition below.
d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string                        \
        multiraid ::                                         \
                100 512 256 raid                             \
                        $lvmignore{ }                        \
                        $primary{ }                          \
                        method{ raid }                       \
                        $bootable{ }                         \
                        mountpoint{ /boot }                  \
                .                                            \
                900 5000 4000 raid                           \
                        $lvmignore{ }                        \
                        $primary{ }                          \
                        method{ raid }                       \
                .                                            \
                700 5000 4000 btrfs                          \
                        $defaultignore{ }                    \
                        $lvmok{ }                            \
                        method{ format }                     \
                        format{ }                            \
                        use_filesystem{ }                    \
                        filesystem{ btrfs }                  \
                        mountpoint{ / }                      \
                        lv_name{ system }                    \
                64 512 200% linux-swap                       \
                        $defaultignore{ }                    \
                        $lvmok{ }                            \
                        method{ swap }                       \
                        format{ }                            \