Re: Re: Prevent apt/dpkg from automatically enabling services during the upgrade process.

	Hi.

On Tue, Oct 03, 2017 at 01:53:45PM +0200, cabezachumbo@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello!
> I guess that the script prevents from enabling currently disabled services.

Why guess if it's all there? And no, that's not the script intention.

What it does is implements the policy "Prevent apt/dpkg from
automatically starting services during the upgrade process if said
services are disabled by systemctl disable".

Implementing other policies are left as an exercise for readers of
invoke-rc.d(8).

> One more thing, what should I do if I also want that after installing a new
> service with "apt install service" it doesn't get enabled automatically in the
> installation process?

Changing a distribution would be a simple huge step in the right
direction. Starting a daemon during a package installing is considered a
vital part of Debian Policy for the last 15 years at least.

Reco