Re: Prevent apt/dpkg from automatically enabling services during the upgrade process.

On 03/10/17 08:55, Victor wrote:
Dear Debian friends,
I use Debian Sid as my home distribution, and I have an annoying
problem. If I disable some services with "systemctl disable service", it
happens that whenever an upgrade of any service's package appears,
apt/dpkg will automatically enable the service during the upgrade
process. Is it there a way to avoid that behaviour? I don't want to
disable the services every time that there is an upgrade of my disabled
services.
Thanks in advance.
Éter.

I use "systemctl mask service" to prevent unwanted services from being started.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director