Re: Free TCP/IP port numbers?

On Sunday 01 October 2017 10:11:48 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 09:48:16AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > -I     Process a binary file as if it did not contain matching data;
> > this is equivalent to the --binary-files=without-match option.
> >
> > Sure, thats supposed to tell me it will shut that #)^(&^$ noise off?
>
> [swahili]
>
> Let me respond in a similarly snarky way, will you?
>
> This option says "assume a binary file doesn't match in the first
> place. Don't even check".

Izzat what that says?  Why then does it not just say so?

> As a consequence, it seems sensible to
> expect the warnings to go away.
>
> Perhaps your English reading module needs an update? (The writing
> module seems fine to me).

My english reading module is fine.  Out of date maybe, but hey, so is the
60 lb Websters Dictionary we had in school in about 1942. They also
taught phonics back then, something the manpage writer may not have
taken since they quit teaching it in 1946 or so.
> ;-P
>
> Cheers
> -- tomás

Cheers, Gene Heskett