Re: Can't find the DNS Servers

On 09/23/2017 09:31 PM, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
On 9/23/17, Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> wrote:
Hi all.
I have been trying for several day to get firefox to work on a newly
installed Debian Stretch system. It Seems that Firefox can't find a DNS
server. I am having the same problem with apt-get update. None of my
mirrors can be reached. Ping works just fine. I can't even reach the
other computers on my home network if I use their names. IP addresses
work OK. I have installed resolvconf and followed several installation
instructions to no avail. The name servers for my router
(192.168.1.1)and both google servers at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. are listed
in the correct file (can't remember which one). This system worked fine
when first installed. I installed qemu-kvm on the system and I think in
broke things.I've run out of ideas.

Please help

An addition is necessary here. The problem started when I installed the qemu-kvm virtual machine. Now the Kubuntu system - the guest - network access works fine. But the host machine can't find the DNS servers. This makes no sense.

Gary R