Re: wine in stretch-backports

Op Sun, 24 Sep 2017 03:25:55 +0200 schreef Sridhar M. A. <alaymari@gmail.com>:

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 05:02:01AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

   > Thank you for the link. Installing wine has been on my "to-do" list.
   > That page also has valuable links for another problem :}

I install wine from wine-staging.com. As of yesterday, I am runing 2.17
which was released a couple of days back.

Take a look at https://wine-staging.com/installation.html#distro_debian

Wine Staging is part of Wine. Both sites let you set the same repo.

https://wiki.winehq.org/Debian
Next add the repository to /etc/apt/sources.list or create a *.list under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ with the following content:

deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/debian/ DISTRO main

https://wine-staging.com/installation.html
And add our repository at the end of your /etc/apt/sources.list file:

# For Debian Wheezy add the following line:
deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/debian/ wheezy main