Re: Blank screen bug

On 09/23/2017 05:01 AM, Tim wrote:
Hi,

I would like to report a bug for Debian stretch, however, I'm not sure
which package I should file the bug against. Moreover, I haven't found
a way to debug the issue either.

I've recently done a fresh installed of stretch on an HP EliteBook 840
notebook. Since then, the laptop's screen sometimes turns blank, i.e.,
as if there is no input to the screen. Strangely enough, whenever I
attach another display, the other display doesn't go blank: It's only
the internal display of the laptop itself that turns completely black.

[snip]

I hope you can tell me which package I should file the bug to, or how
to proceed from here.

Your phrasing causes me to wonder if you have a new hardware problem.
I suggest trying a Live-CD <http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/> of the release of Jessie you had been using.

HTH