plasma5 - how to update menus

Hi folks,

I installed a new application (not from repo), and there is a *.desktop file in
/usr/share/applications.

But I the new application does not appear in the menus of plasma5/kde.

How can I force, to recreate the menus in plasma5? I tried "update-menus",
"kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental" and "kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental" as well
without any success.

I also removed ~/.local/share/applications away - with no success.

Is there any other way, to recreate the menus in plasma5?

Thanks for any hints.

Best regards

Hans