Re: youtube error msg & html5

	Hi.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 02:48:23PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 08:18:02AM -0400, Whit Hansell wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Installed cclive.   youtube-viewer not available.(Unable to find
> > youtube-viewer)  restarted Firefox and tried to load a video.  No
> > change.
>
> No, no -- those are not supposed to work from the browser, but to
> download the video, like so:
>
>   youtube-dl "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_NPEFH-VSQ";
>
> Same syntax for cclive, just substituting cclive for youtube-dl.
>
> (I just made up that URL, so download with care or better: don't).

That's ok, that particular video is harmless, so to say:

$ youtube-dl "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_NPEFH-VSQ";
[youtube] W_NPEFH-VSQ: Downloading webpage
[youtube] W_NPEFH-VSQ: Downloading video info webpage
ERROR: W_NPEFH-VSQ: YouTube said: This video does not exist.

> A file appears in your current directory, and you can look at it
> at your leisure, with your favourite viewer (ffmpeg, mplayer, vlc,
> you name it) instead of being forced to do whatever a badly cobbled-
> together javascript "application" running in your browser has
> decided to limit you to.

Or, simply run (mpv will run youtube-dl by itself):

mpv "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_NPEFH-VSQ";

Reco