Re: Mismatch of wxglade and wxwidgets

Hi,

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:02:35 +1000
"Brendan Simon (eTRIX)" <brendan.simon@etrix.com.au> wrote:

> I'm running Debian 8 Jessie.
>
> There seems to be a mismatch between wxglade (`python-wxglade`) and
> wxwidgets (`python-wxgtk3.0`)
>
> If I install wxglade and run it, I can choose to generate code for wx
> 2.6 or 2.8 compatibility.  However the wx widgets that are installed use
> wx 3.0.
>
> It seems to me that wxglade needs to be updated in Jessie, to be
> compatible with the installed wxwidgets.
>
> According to the webpage at sourceforge, wxglade v0.7 added wx 3.0
> compatibility and removed wx 2.6.
>
>     http://wxglade.sourceforge.net/
>
> v0.7.2 is latest release according to the sourceforge page, however the
> BitBucket repository states that it is out of date and to use the latest
> in the repository (a new maintainer).
>
>     https://bitbucket.org/wxglade/wxglade
>
> ### How do I request getting `python-wxglade` updated to at least
> version 0.7.2 ??

you could use reportbug to file a bug against python-wxglade. I doubt
however that this will be fixed for Jessie, but of course you could try.
Have you checked if the bug still persists with Stretch?

Regards

Michael

Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.
		-- Klingon Soldier, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown