Re: Recommended editor for novice programmers?

On Sunday, 3 September 2017 21:33:55 CEST Dejan Jocic wrote:
> On 03-09-17, solitone wrote:
> > But is there anything that can do code autocomplation, for C++ or Java for
> > instance? Like getting the list of methods available for an object, when
> > typing a dot, as a typical IDE would do.
>
> For Vim:
>
> http://valloric.github.io/YouCompleteMe/
>
> [...]
>
> Something like that?

Yes, I see it's got semantic autocompletion, which is what I meant. It
supports C++ natively, while for Java you would need Eclim.

I fear I'll need to convert to vim, so  :-)  Haven't checked the emacs
alternative yet...
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁    Sent from my brain using neurons fueled by glucose.