Re: Laptop recommendation

Jonas Hedman <jonas.hedman@fripost.org> wrote:
> I'm on the hunt for a newish laptop on which I naturally want
> to run Debian.

Minifree, Vikings, and Technoethical all offer Respects Your Freedom
certified laptops:
https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom

These should all run Debian perfectly, avoiding the headaches of
proprietary drivers. Those supplied by Minifree (maybe the others,
too?) ship with a libre BIOS replacement as well, and perhaps even
with the Management Engine neutralised, leaving you as completely in
control of all aspects of your PC as is currently possible with the
x86-64 architecture.