Re: Btrs vs ext4. Which one is more reliable?

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 04:27:32PM +0200, Dan wrote:
Hi,

I have a NFS4 server with ext4. I'm moving to Debian Stretch. I wonder if I
should switch to Btrfs.

I like the checksum feature to prevent silent corruption.

Lacking this feature in the filesystems I use for data storage (ext4 and
XFS), my plan was to set up an alert for my backup system, such that I
will be notified if a particular incremental backup is larger than
expected (suggesting more files changed than expected).

At a finer level of detail, I wish to write rules so e.g. "files under
path /foo are not expected to change".

But I haven't produced this yet.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀