Re: security issues

On Saturday 26 August 2017 15:43:40 Brian wrote:

> [Lots of snipping]
>
> On Sat 26 Aug 2017 at 15:25:53 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Saturday 26 August 2017 14:51:41 Brian wrote:
> > > That's what you think! But while you are slumbering, she is
> > > emailing friends and talking with Donald on Twitter. Never
> > > underestimate a woman's ability to manipulate a communication
> > > medium.
> >
> > Ahh, no.  This one is 77 yo, dying of COPD slowly but surely.  She
> > also fell and broke a hip back in February, which was replaced, and
> > what little moving around is usually with e walker assist, and just
> > to the potty chair 10 feet from the recliner she has taken up
> > residence in, and with an oxy hose hanging on her ears, probably
> > sleeps 12-16 hours a day. Not at all computer litterate. Ever.
> >
> > A retired elementary school music teacher, she was once forced to
> > use an elderly PB 286 computer with 2 floppy disks, running dos3.2,
> > to do her report cards.  That disaster was not, to my knowledge,
> > repeated.  One of the reasons she took her 34 years of credit for
> > teaching and retired in the late 90's.
> >
> > I am doing all the housekeeping and cooking since February. And I do
> > take time out for "my stuff" like these mailing lists, and
> > converting elderly machine tools, mills and lathes, to 10x the
> > original precision with linuxcnc, new drive screws and me making at
> > least half the hardware to make the conversions.  And I just wrote
> > the gcodes to put a new barrel in old meat in the pot, chambered for
> > 6.5 Creedmoor.  The barrels in it from the early '60's up till now
> > have all been for the 30-06 Ackley Improved, but its kick was
> > beginning to beat the old man up. So I do this stuff to keep me out
> > of the bars.  Seems to be working fairly well... ;-)  And I make
> > some furniture from time to time.
>
> You and your wife have my sympathy and best wishes, My response was
> intended to be light-hearted, but, sometimes, hitting the mark is
> wildly off.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.

NP Brian, you had no first hand idea as to where I was coming from. And I
wasn't looking for sympathy, just describing my situation & why I make
recommendations that don't fit a busy, multiuser site at all well.  I
have no other users here except me.  If I muck it up, I'm the scapegoat,
complete with the chin whiskers. :)

I have had the ultimate revenge on those who were enemies at one time,
I've outlived the turkeys without doing anything to hasten their
demise. ;-)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)