Re: How to change date and time format for quoting in Thunderbird?

Mario Castelán Castro wrote:

> When replying to a message in Thunderbird as packaged in Debian 9, the
> date and time is automatically placed before the quote, like this: “On
> 22/08/17 17:31, $NAME wrote:”. How can I change the format used for the
> date and time?

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Date_display_format shows how to configure the
date and time format for Thunderbird, though this also affects the
date/time that are displayed in the folder table-of-contents pane.  On
Linux, it looks like your options are limited.  I ended up using a
wrapper script for Thunderbird that does

  LC_TIME=en_DK.utf8 thunderbird

so that I get ISO-format dates.

mike