Re: Tails: Failed InRelease - tor+http://vwakviie2ienjx6t.onion/

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017, Anonymous wrote:

I'm seeing this in Tails when I refresh the package repositories:

NB: I am not a user of Tails.

Nonetheless, I put the following line into a search engine:

Failed - 0B - InRelease - tor+http://vwakviie2ienjx6t.onion/ debian stretch InRelease

One of the results was this link[1],...

  https://www.debian.org/releases/stretch/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#deprecation-of-ftp-apt-mirrors

...which gives following (tor variant) example line in
/etc/apt/sources.list :

  deb tor+http://vwakviie2ienjx6t.onion/debian stretch main

Why is this happening and how may I fix it please?

The uri in the failure message, as you have quoted it in your message
to debian-user, is subtly different from the corresponding uri found
in the release notes: The uri in the release notes ends in
".onion/debian" and is followed by two words namely a suite "stretch"
and a component "main", whereas the uri in your message ends in
".onion/" and is followed three words "debian" "stretch" "main".

Maybe the extra space is significant, and should be removed?

Good luck. Hope this helps.

1. The relevant excerpt: