Re: Stretch + nosystemd + VBoxGuestAdditions Quirk

	Hi.

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 06:15:09 -0700
Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have been testing Stretch with alternate inits -- sysvinit and runit to
> be specific -- in Virtualbox on a Wheezy host while leaving systemd
> files alone. Not even "pinning" them.  Well decided to see what
> removing them would do.  I followed the "Variant" option instructions
> on the Nosystemd site.
>
>    http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Debian_Stretch
>
> No problems until I installed the VBoxGuestAddditions.  Startx would
> only work if run by root.  Run by user got $DiISPLAY environment
> error.  Couldn't find screen.
<skip>
> Anyone got any ideas.  Everything works fine if GuestAdditions not
> installed.

It's been awhile since I poked VirtualBox but I get that suspicion that
Xorg module provided by VirtualBox needs root access to do its job.

So, I'd start with installing 'xserver-xorg-legacy' package.

Reco