Re: Help setting up Broadcom WiFi on a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop

On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 03:40:07 PM rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, August 20, 2017 03:00:28 PM Wim Michels wrote:
> > Hi,
> > all you need to install is the package:
> >
> > firmware-b43-installer
> >
> > from 'contrib' to get BCM4311 chip to work.
>
> Thanks, that worked!

Just wanted to add one thing--that worked for me in Wheezy, but not in Jessie.
It's possible that I did something wrong while in Jessie (I might have typed
nonfree instead of non-free in /etc/apt/sources.list).  I haven't tried to
reinstall Jessie to retry--I plan to live with Wheezy (unless I get very
ambitious in the near future.

Oh, and I meant to send / keep this on the list, so sending to the list.