Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2017 #884

The principal reason I switched back, many years ago, to vim in
a terminal was that you could NOT paste text by highlighting with
the mouse.  I had been using some text editor on a Mac, and there was
a keyboard shortcut--I never figured out what it was--that I would
accidentally hit that had the effect of highlighting all text from
the cursor to the end of the document.  So when you're typing quickly
and do this, the next keystroke erases the rest of your document.
Incredibly annoying!  The standard vim setup, where you can highlight
text to paste in another window without worrying about deleting it,
is far superior.