XI2 hotplug tool

Hi.

Is there a standard tool (not specific to any desktop environment) to
handle hot-plugged input devices in X11? For example to set different
layouts on different keyboards or different acceleration on different
mice.

udev is not the answer because udev does not have standard access to the
X11 server.

"xinput --test-xi2 --root" has the basis for that: subscribe to the
XInput2 events and display them, but it records all events, not just
hot-plug and hot-unplug, and the output is unsuitable for automation.

I have written a small utility that runs an arbitrary command every time
an input device is plugged or unplugged with environment variables
giving the properties. If nothing standard exists, I can publish it.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George