Debconf python module

Hi,

I've been reading about debconf internals lately and I've seen some references to the "debconf python module".

Even the man page for debconf-devel mentions it:

"Perl programmers can use the Debconf::Client::ConfModule(3pm) perl module, and python programmers can use the debconf python module."

The problem is, I can't find this module/package, neither in debian repository nor in Python Package Index (PyPI).

I can develop a new module, it seems pretty straightforward, but I would like to know what happened to the other module/package. It seems there is no trace of its existence.

Best Regards,
Gustavo