Re: which option can set duration of mencoder?

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 06:06:21AM -0400, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
On 8/15/17, tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 05:45:56AM +0000, Long Wind wrote:
i want to record 60 seconds of tv programi have read mencoder's
manualit's long and have too many optionsi'm unable to find option
i needwhich option should i use to set duration of mencoder?Thanks!

(I broke up long line for other reader's comfort)

That's strange.. Long Wind's original post came across in six lines
for me. It looks like a poem. :)

I suspect the issue is with Long Wind's mailer.

It sent a HTML part which broke the paragraph into several "<div>"s (divisions). <div> is a block-level element, so each one is usually rendered as a separate paragraph. This is what gives the poem-like forced-structure.

It also sent a text part which, I suspect, was a "translation" of the HTML part. This had the same text, but no line breaks at all. In fact, where one line finished, the next line started immediately, leading to such neologisms as "programi" and "manualit's" (belonging to manualit?).

If your mailer prefers HTML parts, you probably saw six lines. If it prefers text parts, you probably saw one (perhaps wrapped).

--
For more information, please reread.