Re: Thunderbird almost unusable after upgrade

On 08/12/2017 07:32 AM, Javier Barroso wrote:
On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 5:49 AM, Jape Person <japers@comcast.net> wrote:
On 08/11/2017 06:27 PM, Javier Barroso wrote:

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 9:43 PM, Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:

On 2017-08-10 10:24 -0400, Jape Person wrote:

After this upgrade

thunderbird:amd64 (1:52.2.1-4, 1:52.2.1-4+b1)

Thunderbird in Cinnamon DE is almost completely useless because
portions of its windows / text / toolbars don't repaint until the
window is resized. Is anyone else seeing this?

Yes, see https://bugs.debian.org/871629.

Confirmation: Rebuilding 1:52.2.1-4 with gcc-6/g++-6 as the compiler
fixes the problem.

You can also download thunderbird and its addons from
http://snapshot.debian.org/package/icedove/1%3A52.2.1-4/, selecting
your architecture

See what packages have you installed from icedove them:

   aptitude search '?and(?source-package(icedove),?installed)'

Download to Download/icedove and install with apt install
./Download/icedove/*.deb

Regards

I was just getting frustrated enough to do the recompile. Ugh. I'm old, have
poor eyesight, and was not anxious to do that while recovering from
pneumonia.

I'll give it a shot.

Thank you much for the reminder. I used to love to do things the hard way,
but that's not my thing any more. Just spent today doing a system
installation and configuration for a system that lost a solid state drive.

JP

It is solved in sid now (maintainer rebuild it with gcc 6)

Regards

Better the maintainer than me!

;-)

I'm very lazy these days. Speaking of which, thank you again.

JP