Re: usb flash drives / sd

On 08/11/2017 05:11 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 02:25:01PM -0500, Doug wrote:
On 08/11/2017 01:46 PM, jumpy@tutanota.com wrote:
There are three major types of flash chip types : SLC - MLC - TLC

how-to check my usbkey/sd/memory card ?

--
Securely sent with Tutanota.
I am not being a wiseguy.

More bits == more dense but less reliable.

To compensate for long term reliability, SSD manufacturers use
a variety of strategies involving staging data in RAM,
compressing it, and implementing other special storage
structures.

On a removable-media flash device, none of those strategies
are used.

-dsr-

Perhaps I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to usb flash drives.
Do you mean these little chip gizmos that go into digital cameras?

(Hope I am not being a nuisance.)

--doug