Re: Thunderbird almost unusable after upgrade

On Thursday 10 August 2017 14:48:52 MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure I understand your mail in details. What I can say is
> that we tried building against gtk2 and it works. It is just a build
> option switch to change. Why do you think Debian package will not do
> it?

It hasn't played a video, except some commercials in front of the video
in several weeks. I can't download the binary from mozilla because its
built against gtk3, and the dependency's it needs are not available in
the wheezy repo's. I haven't tried to build from src, no clue where to
get it even.

Why should I have to build FF from src, this isn't gentoo or arch?

I have got chromium working in its place for everything but banking. I
can and now have, bought several things online using chromium.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)